Friday, April 9, 2010

Apparently I don't ramble enough....

A friend and I were talking at the gym the other day and he was laughing at the fact that he checked out my blog and there were so few entries. It's true. Catch me in real life and we can ramble on and on, but finding time to write the blogs is a challenge even though I vowed to improve that this year.

So, as I left that conversation I thought about a blog topic 'du jour' and decided I'm still stuck on the whole 'self fulfilling prophecy' thing. 3 years ago there was news that the economy was definitely teetering on a breakdown. Over and OVER the news talked about recession. I kept yelling to everyone in my empty car - "If you keep saying that, then it will happen", and guess what, it did.

So, I'm here to tell you today that we're now going to create a self fulfilling prophecy to get out of this. Yes you keep hearing that times are hard. Yes you keep hearing that banks won't lend money, Sure gas prices are high, our banking, auto, real estate (I could go on) industries are crying "woe is me", but there's good news. Yes! Good news I said. It's got a caveat of conservatism in it, but... take it when you can get it.... http://sbne.ws/r/4oie Small Businesses are reporting improving economic conditions. Can I get an 'AMEN' brotha?

Believe that it's getting better and it will. Relax, it will all work out. My business has suffered through the worst of this economy - after all, who wants to buy a business when our economy is in the midst of the Great Recession? Well I say NOW is a perfect time to change our attitudes and make it happen, and now is the time to buy a business. Banks are loosening up, Value Multiples are down, Sellers are motivated, AND small businesses are reporting improving economic conditions. AMEN Brotha!

2 comments:

  1. Matt,

    I think you're absolutely right. I've been noticing an upturn in inquiries to our business (web design & internet marketing) which is a complete B2B affair. Ever since the holidays we started getting more leads through our site, mostly for small jobs, but as time has gone on we're getting more and more inquiries, and the jobs have been getting bigger.

    It's just anecdotal, but it feels as if the confidence is building, and as long as it's not overconfidence, it the beginning of the rebound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog! The Business Broker can fetch better deal and take care of all the important work.

    ReplyDelete